The Caldwell Law Firm History
The Caldwell Law Firm has represented thousands of plaintiffs who were victims of a personal injury or harm to their business through the negligence of others. We proudly model our philosophy for representing clients from the law offices of Edwin Train Caldwell, P.C., a small boutique firm, which placed people above profits, by handling each client’s claim or dispute with compassion, integrity and attention to service. Today, the Caldwell Law Firm carries that tradition forward in its aggressive representation of our clients in complex personal injury and business litigation cases.
Caldwell Law Firm: How We Work
With decades of experience, we understand the various legal challenges people face when seeking justice and recovery for the wrongs they have suffered. We also know that, all too often, defendant companies exploit the legal system to avoid paying the compensation their victims deserve and are entitled to receive. In these cases, if the defendants are unable to avoid paying compensation, they are often times still able to greatly limit the compensation they pay toward damages. Accordingly, the lawyers at the Caldwell Law Firm use that same legal system to obtain the maximum legal remedy for our clients by calling into action all tactics available, under the applicable area of law, to our client’s advantage.
Our Preparation and Philosophy: Verdicts and Settlements
We work to painstakingly and thoroughly investigate every case, fully examine all issues of liability, and evaluate all potential defendants before we prosecute, on your behalf, to the full extent of the law. Our years of experience have taught us that this approach allows us to fully achieve the best possible result for each client in negotiated settlements or trial verdicts.
Communication and Personal Service
In step with our preparation and philosophy, we accept fewer cases so that we can give every case and every client the personal attention they need and deserve. Communication between client and attorney is one of the most important aspects during a case. You and your family deserve to feel as comfortable as possible during this stressful time. Lack of communication is often cited as one of the biggest reasons plaintiffs leave a firm and continue to look for representation. We fully understand this fact. Our clients appreciate the personal service they receive, as we communicate often with them to keep them informed of developments in their case.
Caldwell Law Firm Assistance and Support in the Litigation Process
We take pride in supporting you and your family throughout the litigation process. It is during this time that our lawyers can and will assist you by:
- Negotiating liens filed against you
- Structuring settlements with your goals in mind
- Working through the numerous physical challenges that personal injuries can bring to your life
- Safeguarding your business to the best of our abilities
Caldwell Law Firm’s Commitment to the Community
As a life-long resident of Marin County, Michael Train Caldwell has seen his small hometown of San Rafael and the surrounding community mature and change over the course of decades. As the community grows, many residents face new challenges and a continued need for community services and empathetic support. At the Caldwell Law Firm, we see our role as two-fold. We provide experienced legal representation to those who have been harmed by a personal injury. As we help our clients obtain the justice they deserve, we are able to continue to pursue our greater mission of being of service to our community.
We feel grateful to be able to help those in need through our legal knowledge, business expertise and other resources we have to share. Our goal is to help people who are struggling, troubled, or starting over to overcome challenging life issues, help them to find various ways to be productive, and thrive. Along with our work with individuals, we extend our expertise and support to community organizations. like Marin Legal Aid, Canal Alliance, Ritter House, Wednesday’s Gift, and School Worx.
We help to support the initiatives of the following organizations and their missions within the community.
Marin Legal Aid
Legal Aid of Marin’s mission is to provide access to the civil justice system to low-income, vulnerable and otherwise underserved residents of Marin County. The organization’s support includes the following practice areas:
- Resolving cases in Marin Community Court
- Education and advice in elder law
- Helping individuals with debt law
- Getting workers their due compensation and rights
- Protecting Marin citizens through housing law
Based in the Canal neighborhood in San Rafael, the Canal Alliance mission is to act as “champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment.” The Canal Alliance provides the following life changing services:
- Immigration legal services
- Legal consultations
- Youth education through University Prep UP!
- Adult education including classes in English, Technology classes, U.S. citizenship
- Food pantry
- Assistance and referrals
- Emotional support and mental health
- Support for pregnant women
The Ritter Center is a San Rafael based nonprofit whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of individuals and families who are homeless or low-income. The Ritter Center provides the following vital services:
- Health Center provides primary health medical care, behavioral counseling, outpatient substance use treatment, transition to wellness, and dental
- Permanent supportive housing
- Case management provides assessment and referral, homelessness prevention and rapid “re-housing”, rapid benefits enrollment, custody to community, and representative payee financial management
- Day services provides food pantry, showers and laundry, mail and voicemail, and lockers
- Seasonal programs around the holidays
The mission of Wednesday’s Gift is to provide the base necessities of life to Marin and San Francisco County residents on a one time basis, without delay. Here are just a few of the ways in which Wednesday’s Gift has made a difference in people’s lives:
- Providing groceries and paying utility bills for families
- Paying rent and providing food, clothing, toys and furniture to 3 families who were victims of a devastating fire
- Paying for child-care for a boy so his mother could continue working and attend college
- Providing financial support for a widow for one month
- Paying rent for a single mother of four children, who was diagnosed with breast cancer, and undergoing treatment
- Securing 24-hour care for a diabetic suffering from acute insulin shock and providing groceries and a full time attendant to help with medical needs and transportation
- Providing care for a single mother with four children who had fled an abusive husband
- Securing bikes for homeless adults that needed transportation to work
- Organizing moving parties to help others relocate to healthier environments
- Securing volunteers to provide childcare, household repair, and home clean-outs
Based in Marin County, School Worx serves the communities of Marin and Sonoma Counties by emphasizing the benefits of school that includes reading, writing, arithmetic, art, drama, physical fitness and sports, as well as nutrition and the basic necessities of life. All of this work is done in an effort to give children a better opportunity to “grow, achieve, and compete in this ever changing world.”
Michael Caldwell, daughter Grace and son Jack, along with a host of volunteers run School Worx as a way to support the Marin and Sonoma communities.
Marin Alano Club
Established in 1965, the San Rafael based Alano Club provides a “clean and safe environment for recovering alcoholics and addicts to seek company and support of other alcoholics and addicts and to help each other stay clean and sober one day at a time.” The Club provides a social gathering place of support that includes recreational events, picnics, and meetings in support of the sober community.
We appreciate the resources and efforts provided by the Alano Club of Marin and fully support their work within the community.
We would be honored to help you with your personal injury claim, but if you need help with another life issue, please call us at (415) 453-8339.